Researcher's Information - National Institute for Agro-Environmental Sciences, NIAES
April 1, 2015
Noriko YAMAGUCHI, Dr.
Soil Environment Division
Present research projects
- Localization/speciation of As and Cd in plant tissues and soils by using a Synchrotron X-ray spectroscopy.
- Radiocesium behavior in soil
Recent publication (after 2006)
- A. Suda, K. Baba, N. Yamaguchi, I. Akahane, T. Makino (2015) The effects of soil amendments on arsenic concentrations in soil solutions after long-term flooded incubation, SOIL SCIENCE AND PLANT NUTRITION, doiI:10.1080/00380768.2015.1006119
- N. Yamaguchi, T. Ohkura, Y. Takahashi, Y. Maejima, T. Arao (2014) Arsenic distribution and speciation near rice roots influenced by iron plaques and redox conditions of the soil matrix, ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, 48(3), 1549-1556
- S. Kikuchi, H. Makita, K. Takai, N. Yamaguchi, Y. Takahashi (2014) Characterization of biogenic iron oxides collected by the newly designed liquid culture method using diffusion chambers, GEOBIOLOGY, 122(2), 133-145
- M. Tanaka, Y. S. Togo, N. Yamaguchi, Y. Takahashi (2014) An EXAFS study on the adsorption structure of phenyl-substituted organoarsenic compounds on ferrihydrite, JOURNAL OF COLLOID AND INTERFACE SCIENCE, 415, 13-17
- DT. Dong, N. Yamaguchi, T. Makino, S. Amachi (2014) Effect of soil microorganisms on arsenite oxidation in paddy soils under oxic conditions, SOIL SCIENCE AND PLANT NUTRITION, 6(3), 377-383
- K. Baba, T. Arao, N. Yamaguchi, E. Watanabe, H. Eun, M. Ishizaka (2014) Chromatographic separation of arsenic species with pentafluorophenyl column and application to rice, JOURNAL OF CHROMATOGRAPHY A, 1354, 109-116
- A. Takeda, H. Tsukada, N. Yamaguchi, M. Takeuchi, M. Sato, A. Nakao, S. Hisamatsu (2014) Relationship between the radiocesium interception potential and the transfer of radiocesium from soil to soybean cultivated in 2011 in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan, JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RADIOACTIVITY, 137, 119-124
- T. Tanikawa, Y. Hashimoto, N. Yamaguchi, Y. Ito, Ss Fukushima, K. Kanda, M. Uemura, T. Hasegawa, M. Takahashi, S. Yoshinaga (2014) Sulfur accumulation in Melanudands during development by upbuilding pedogenesis since 14-15 cal. ka, GEODERMA, 609-618
- Y. Hashimoto, A. Takamoto, R. Kikkawa, K. Murakami, N. Yamaguchi (2014) Formations of Hydroxyapatite and Inositol Hexakisphosphate in Poultry Litter during the Composting Period: Sequential Fractionation, P K-edge XANES and Solution 31P NMR Investigations, ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, 48(10), 5486-5492
- Q. Fan, N. Yamaguchi , M. Tanaka, H. Tsukada, Y. Takahashi (2014) Relationship between the adsorption species of cesium and radiocesium interception potential in soils and minerals: an EXAFS study, JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RADIOACTIVITY, 138, 92-100
- T. Watanabe, R. Kouho, T. Katayose, N. Kitajima, N. Sakamoto, N. Yamaguchi, T. Shinano, H. Yurimoto, M. Osaki, Arsenic alters uptake and distribution of sulphur in Pteris vittata (2013) PLANT, CELL & ENVIRONMENT, 37 45-53
- Y. Hashimoto, N. Yamaguchi (2013) Chemical speciation of cadmium and sulfur K-edge in flooded paddy soils amended with zero-valent ion XANES spectroscopy. SOIL SCIENCE SOCIETY OF AMERICA JOURNAL in press
- T. Ohtsuka, N. Yamaguchi, T. Makino, K. Sakurai, K. Kimura, K. Kudo, E. Homma, D. Dong, S. Amachi (2013) Arsenic dissolution from Japanese paddy soil by a dissimilatory arsenate-reducing bacterium Geobacter sp. OR-1 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, 47 6263-6271
- M. Tanaka, Y. Takahashi, N. Yamaguchi, K.W. Kim, G. Zheng, M. Sakamitsu (2013) The difference of diffusion coefficients in water for arsenic compounds at various pH and its dominant factors implied by molecular simulations, GEOCHIMICA ET COSMOCHIMICA ACTA 105, 360-371
- N. Yamaguchi, S. Eguchi, H. Fujiwara, K. Hayashi, H. Tsukada (2012) Radiocesium and radioiodine in soil particles agitated by agricultural practices: Field observation after the Fukushima nuclear accident. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 425, 128-134.
- N. Yamaguchi, S. Ishikawa, T. Abe, K. Baba, T. Arao, Y. Terada (2012) Role of the node in controlling traffic of cadmium, zinc, and manganese in rice, JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL BOTANY, 63(7) 2729-2737.
- N. Yamaguchi, T. Nakamura, D. Dong, Y. Takahashi, S. Amachi, T. Makino (2011) Arsenic release from flooded paddy soils is influenced by speciation, Eh, pH, and iron dissolution, CHEMOSPHERE, 83(7), 925-932.
- Y. Hashimoto, N. Yamaguchi, M. Takaoka, K. Shiota (2011) EXAFS speciation and phytoavailability of Pb in a contaminated soil amended with compost and gypsum , SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 409(5), 1001-1007.
- S. Kikuchi, H. Makita, S. Mitsunobu, Y. Terada, N. Yamaguchi, K. Takai, Y. Takahashi (2011) Application of synchrotron µ-XRF-XAFS to the speciation of Fe on a single stalk in bacteriogenic iron oxides (BIOS), CHEMISTRY LETTERS, 40(7), 680-681.
- N. Yamaguchi, M. Nakano, R. Takamatsu, H. Tanida (2010) Inorganic iodine incorporation into soil organic matter: evidence from iodine K-edge X-ray absorption near-edge structure, JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RADIOACTIVITY, 101(6), 451-457.
- N. Yamaguchi, S. Mori, K. Baba, S. Kaburagi-Yada, T. Arao, N. Kitajima, A. Hokura, Y. Terada (2010) Cadmium distribution in the root tissues of solanaceous plants with contrasting root-to-shoot Cd translocation efficiencies, ENVIRONMENTAL AND EXPERIMENTAL BOTANY, 71(2), 198-206.
- N. Yamaguchi, A. Kawasaki, I. Iiyama (2008) Distribution of uranium in soil components of agricultural fields after long-term application of phosphate fertilizers, SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 407(4), 1383-1390.
- N. Yamaguchi, K. Seki, M. Komamura, K Kurishima (2007) Long-term mobility of fallout 90Sr in ploughedil, and 90Sr uptake by wheat grain, SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 372, 595-604.
- N. Yamaguchi, Y. Watanabe, A. Kawasaki (2007) Uptake of uranium by spinach grown in Andosols accumulating trace amounts of fertiliser-derived uranium, Environmental Radiochemical Analysis 52-57.
- M. Mizoguchi, Y, Abe, N. Yamaguchi H. Imoto, T. Miyazaki (2006) Cadmium transport in volcanic ash soil during organic acid solution flow , Journal of ASTM International, 3, 60-67.
JSSSPN Progress Awards (2004) Effect of interactions between ion and ligand on chemical reactions in soil.