Recruitment is closed.
Research institutes, Research Division (Location), and Research programs
- Please see the separate table[PDF:72.3KB].Applicants may submit multiple applications.
- We are planning to recruit 20 new fixed-term research scientists in total.
Qualifications for application
- Applicants must possess, or be scheduled to obtain, a doctoral degree prior to the date of employment.
- Applicants should possess the knowledge, ability, and/or techniques necessary for employment as a member of the research scientist group responsible for the research theme of the intended post.
- Applicants may be of any nationality, but communicative competence in either Japanese or English is necessary.
- In cases where applicants' publications and qualifications are evaluated as being equivalent,NARO will give precedence to the employment of women and foreign nationals for these posts.
* Provisions for Disqualification
No person falling under any of the items in the article 38 of The National Public Service Act (Act
No. 120 of 1947) shall be eligible to assume the position in NARO except as provided for by rules
of the National Personnel Authority.
- Three (3) years, in principle (April 1st, 2015 - March 31st, 2018)
- Depending on the progress of the research theme, NARO may propose an extension of the employment term and, after examination, may extend the term up to two (2) years.
- Tenure evaluation will not be carried out. but the applicant may apply for a permanent staff post when NARO invites public applications separately for such a post.
- Curriculum vitae download the format[XLS:65.5KB]
File name: (Applicant' s family name)-1.pdf Example: Williams-1.pdf
- Summary of current research and major achievements (1 page A4 size, free format)
File name (example): Williams-2.pdf
- List of publications download the format [XLS:35.0KB]
File name (example): Williams-3.pdf
- Major publications (no more than five, in one unified PDF file)
File name (example): Williams-4.pdf
- Your future ambitions (1 page A4 size, free format)
File name (example): Williams-5.pdf
- Recommendation letter (1 page A4 size, free format, including the name, affiliation, title, phone number, and e-mail address of the recommending person)
File name (example): Williams-6.pdf
- Contact address of the applicant (1 page A4 size, free format, including postal address, phone, fax, and e-mail address)
File name (example): Williams-7.pdf
E-mail destination address
- Documents should be submitted by e-mail to
as attached PDF files.
- Title of the e-mail:
(Number of post)-(Family name of applicant)
- If you submit multiple applications, please send each by a separate e-mail.
The documents must arrive by 12:00 on Tuesday, January 13th, 2015 (Japan standard time).
- The selection committee of NARO will perform its initial evaluation based on the documents in the middle of January and will notify applicants of the result by February 10th, 2015.
- The second evaluation (oral interview) will be carried out in Tsukuba City in late February, 2015.
The above dates are the currently scheduled dates and subject to change. NARO will inform applicants of any changes to the schedule.
Commencement of employment
April 1st, 2015
The basic monthly salary is ¥326,000, which may be increased based on the employee's career and research activities. Allowances will be determined in accordance with the regulations of NARO.