In line with Science & Technology Week 2015, NARO institutes in Tsukuba will host Open Day 2015. We will present the latest research achievements along with tasting of new variety of agricultural products. We have a lot of events that both children and adults can enjoy and learn about agricultural science. Admission is free in all of the venues or events. We look forward to seeing you.
|Photos from previous Open Day|
Venue and Date
April 17th(Fri) and 18th(Sat) ,2015 10AM - 4PM
- Tsukuba Agriculture research Hall
/NARO Agricultural Research Center (NARO/ARC), NARO Institute of Crop Science (NICS) and NARO Institute of Vegetable and Tea Science (NIVTS) and some other institutes
- NARO Institute of Fruit Tree Science (NIFTS) and NARO Institute of Floricultural Science (NIFS)
- NARO Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science (NILGS) *at Tsukuba Office, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council Secretariat.
- National Institute of Animal Health (NIAH)
- National Institute for Rural Engineering (NIRE) *17th(Fri) at NIRE, 18th(Sat) at Tsukuba Agriculture Research Hall
- National Food Research Institute (NFRI) *17th(Fri) at NFRI, 18th(Sat) at Tsukuba Agriculture Research Hall
*Content of the events may be changed without notice. Number of tasting and souvenirs are limited.
より大きな地図で 農研機構(つくば)一般公開 周辺地図 を表示
Free shuttle bus is available inside Norin Danchi area on 17th and 18th. Detail
Tsukuba Center area or Tsukuba Express, Tsukuba station
- Take Science & Technology Week free shuttle bus (A course or B course) and alight at "Norin Kenkyu Danchi" Timetable for Science & Technology Week free shuttle bus: 17th(Fri)-18th(Sat) [PDF:102KB]
- Take the Kanto Tetsudo bus for "Ushiku Eki" and alight at "Norin Danchi Chuo".
- Take Tsuku-Bus Nanbu shuttle for "Kukizaki Madoguchi Center" or "Kukizaki Rojin Fukushi Center" at Tsukuba center bus terminal # 2 depot and alight at "Norin Danchi Chuo"
From JR Joban Line, Ushiku station, West Exit
- Take the Kanto Tetsudo bus for "Yatabe Shako", alight at "Norin Danchi Chuo"
Tsukuba Express, Midorino station / Only on 17th(Fri)
- Kanto Tetsudo Bus <Only on 17th(Fri)> Take the bus for "Norin Danchi Junkan" and alight at "Norin Danchi Chuo"
By car *Please follow the guidance of the traffic control staff in parking your car. Parking capacity is 100.
- Approx. 5 km from Yatabe Interchange
- Approx. 4 km from Ken-O Expressway Tsukuba Ushiku Interchange