Sponsored of NARO (NARO Headquarters, NARO/ARC, NICS, NIVTS), and together with research institutes in the neighborhood, we welcome you to visit our Summer Open Day, with its wide variety of experience-based events and programs.
We will update the information in this webpage accordingly.
July 25th, 2015(Sat)
9:30am-4:00pm(Entrance until 3:30pm)
※The hours Tsukuba Agriculture Research Hall will be 9:30am-4:00pmon Summer Open Day (usually 9:00am-4:00pm)
Tsukuba Agriculture Research Hall(3-1-1 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki)
National Institute for Agro-Environmental Sciences (NIAES) will be holding its Summer Open Day (9:30am-4:00pm), and the two venues will be connected by a free shuttle bus (5 minute-ride).
Events and Programs
The events may be changed or cancelled without notice. The tasting, souvenirs and experience sections can accommodate only a limited number of visitors.
Let's have fun with science
There will be tips and ideas for your homework for the summer holidays.
- Try with your parents!!
"Let's extract DNA from foods around us!"
- Which is sweeter?Which is better?
- Observing the potential power of seeds
- The mystery of tiny bugs & let's play with SUJIO!
- Let's lean about how to grow various vegetables!
- Introducing bugs eating rice or chocolate
- Simple Balloon Camera
- Puffed rice - How big the size become?-
- Fitting experience with arm movement support device
- Straw sandals making-experience
- Grinding the stone mill
Let's Taste the Research Products!
- Pizza making-experience with 'Yumeshiho' wheat flour
- Barley foods (cereal, noodles, teas etc.)
- Tasting drink of 'Tsuyuakane' developed by NIFTS
The mini-presentations focus on things related to our daily life will be held by some researches.
Quiz & Game
- Food quiz
- How many weeds can you learn?
- Let's get the reward for animal quiz!
- Let's play with narorin♪
"Spin the panels!Yes/No Quiz" "Fishing Game"
- Agricultural machines
- Crop Sample Garden
- Books, NARO achievements, drinks and others
Stamps for Chibikko-Hakase 2015 Information
Tsukuba Agriculture Research Hall is the designated facility of "Chibikko-Hakase 2015" that conducted by Tsukuba City. You can stamp the "Chibikko-Hakase" passport during the Summer Open Day, but we do not distribute the passport.
Area Map [PDF:934KB]
- If you are coming by car, please note that usual road is closed to the public on the Summer Open Day. Please follow the guidance of the traffic control staff in parking your car.
- A temporary shuttle bus will pass through each parking lot every 10 minutes (9:00am-4:30pm).
- Access to the venue: click here
- Please prepare for high temperatures by bringing beverages, etc. (Drinks will be on sale at the venue.)
- There is no canteen and food stand.(There is a shop selling snacks and drinks.)
- Stamps for the Chibikko-Hakase are available at the venue, but we do not distribute the passport.
- Please check the evacuation site in the map you will receive at the reception in case of emergency.
- There will be a possibility of news media presence.