The aim of the laboratory is to extend shelf life of Agricultural products, to improve the quality by food processing. We are studying electric process, Membrane separation, Food Micro/nano dispersion and characterization of the solution properties of food-related bio-polymers.
Extending shelf life and improving quality
We are developing electric food process using Joule heating, high electric field AC, Radio frequency heating in water and Pulse electric field for extending shelf life and improving quality of foods.
Membrane separation technology for value-added agricultural products
We are developing higher value-added agricultural products and the low cost food manufacturing process using membrane separation technologies such as ultra-filtration(UF), nano-filtration(NF) and reverse osmosis(RO) membrane.
Production of Food Micro/nano dispersion
We are producing the size-controlled food micro/nano dispersion loaded with functional components by using micro/nano-fabrication technologies.
Characterization of the solution properties of food-related bio-polymers
We are characterizing solution properties of food-related bio-polymers using physicochemical methods such as solution scattering measurement.
Research Specialization : Food engineering, Electronic engineering
|WATANABE Yasushi||Senior Principal Scientist||Characterization of the solution properties of food-related biopolymers|
|NAGAYA Miku||Researcher||Process Engineering|
- Uemura, K. Takahashi, C. Kobayashi, I (2012): Inactivation of Lactobacillus brevis in Liquid Egg White by Radio-Frequency Flash Heating, Food Science Technology Research, 18, 357-362
- Uemura, K. Takahashi, C. Kobayashi, I (2010).: Inactivation of Bacillus subtilis spores in soybean milk by radio-frequency flash heating, Journal of Food Engineering, 100, 622-626
- Uemura, K. Kobayashi, I. Inoue, T (2010). Inactivation of Bacillus subtilis Spores in Orange Juice and the Quality Change by High Electric Field Alternating Current, Japan Agricultural Research Quarterly , 44, 61-66(2010)
- Uemura, K. Kobayashi, I. Inoue, T. (2009): Inactivation of Alicyclobacillus acidoterrestris in orange juice by High Electric Field Alternating Current, Food Science Technology Research , 15, 211-216
- Uemura, K. and Isobe, S. (2003): Developing a new apparatus for inactivating Bacillus subtilis spore in orange juice with high electric field AC under pressurized conditions., Journal of Food Engineering , 56, 325-329
- Uemura, K. and Isobe, S. (2002): Developing a new apparatus for inactivating Escherichia coli in saline water with high electric field AC, Journal of Food Engineering, 53, 203-207
- Continuous sterilization device for liquid and continuous sterilization method for liquid. Patent No. 2964037 (1999)
- Continuous sterilization device for liquid and continuous sterilization method for liquid. Patent No. 2848591 (1998)
- I. Kobayashi, M.A. Neves, Y. Wada, K. Uemura, M. Nakajima (2012): Large microchannel emulsification device for mass producing uniformly sized droplets on a liter per hour scale, Green Processing and Synthesis , 1, 353-362
- I. Kobayashi, G.T. Vladisavljevic, K. Uemura, M. Nakajima (2011): CFD analysis of microchannel emulsification: Droplet generation process and size effect of asymmetric straight flow-through microchannels, Chemical Engineering Science , 66, 5556-5565
- I. Kobayashi, Y. Murayama, T. Kuroiwa, K. Uemura, M. Nakajima (2009): Production of monodisperse water-in-oil emulsions consisting of highly uniform droplets using asymmetric straight-through microchannel arrays, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics , 7, 107-119
- I. Kobayashi, M.A. Neves, T. Yokota, K. Uemura, M. Nakajima (2009): Generation of geometrically confined droplets using microchannel arrays: Effects of channel and step structure, Industrial Engineering and Chemistry Research , 48, 8848-8855
- I. Kobayashi, S. Mukataka, M. Nakajima (2005): Novel asymmetric through-hole array microfabricated on a silicon plate for formulating monodisperse emulsions, Langmuir, 21, 7629-7632
- M. Nakajima, I. Kobayashi, K. Uemura: Manufacturing device and method for microsphere. Patent No. 5045874, registered on July 27, 2012
- M. Nakajima, H. Fujita, Y. Kikuchi: Manufacturing device and method for microsphere. Patent No. 3511238, registered on January 16, 2004