1. Content of job information
 Research institutes, Research division (Location), and Research programs.
Please see the separate table. download the format 【PDF:24.1KB】
Applicants can only apply up to two permanent posts (and two fixed term posts) for the recruitment of the year 2021. (The maximum number of the post that applicants can apply is four.)
In case of multiple appliance, applicants should apply each post with each and separate set of documents.
 Job Starting date
April 1st, 2021
2. Qualifications for application
- Applicants must have obtained, or be scheduled to obtain, a doctoral degree prior to the date of employment.
- Applicants should have the knowledge, ability, and/or skills necessary for employment as a member of the research scientist group corresponding the research theme of the intended post.
- Communicative competence in both Japanese and English languages is necessary. The required level of Japanese language competence for non-native speakers concerning each position is indicated in the separate table. In addition, foreign-national applicants must acquire working visa prior to the date of employment.
* Those who falls under any of the following legal situation(s) cannot apply to the post;
- an adult ward or a person under curatorship
- a person sentenced to imprisonment without compulsory labor or to a more severe penalty and whose execution of declared penalty has not yet been completed or has not yet expired
- Calculated in accordance with the regulation of NARO.
[Scheduled gross Salary]: 270,200JPY or more
- Bonus payment will be paid twice a year in accordance with the regulation of NARO.
- Area allowance, transport allowance, overtime compensation, dependency allowance, house allowance and others will be given in accordance with the regulation of NARO.
* The salary is subject to changes in case of a revision of regulation.
- Work Days: From Mondays to Fridays
- Work Hours: Discretionary labor system for professional work in principle
* Flex time system is also available
- Holidays: Every Saturday and Sunday, National holiday, 12/29 to 1/3
- Paid Leave: Annual paid leave, Summer holidays, Sick leave, Marriage leave, Maternity leave and many other leave are offered based on the regulation of NARO.
- Social Insurance:
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Mutual Aid Associations,
Employment insurance, Workers' compensation insurance, etc.
- All employees may be transferred to another department during his/her employment.
4. Application documents
- An entry sheet download the format 【Excel:81.5KB】
File name: (Applicant' s family name)-1.xls Example: Williams-1.xls
The application form has been modified this year. Submissions using the old forms are not accepted.
- A summary of current research and major achievements
File name (example): Williams-2.pdf
Summery could be written in free format and must be in one page, A4 size.
- A list of publications download the format 【Excel:31KB】
File name (example): Williams-3.pdf
- Major publications
File name (example): Williams-4.pdf
Applicants can attach up to five publications as major publications.
One unified PDF file is recommended.
- Your future ambitions
File name (example): Williams-5.pdf
Future ambitions should be written in free format and must be in one page, A4size.
- One letter of recommendation
This letter of recommendation should be written in one page, A4 size and must include the information of recommender such as name, affiliation, title, phone number, and e-mail address. The manuscript signature of the recommender is mandatory.
* Current NARO employees cannot be a recommender.
File name (example): Williams-6.pdf
- Contact information of the applicant (one-page A4 size, free format, including postal address, phone, fax, and e-mail address)
File name (example): Williams-7.pdf
5. E-mail destination address
- Documents should be submitted by e-mail to:
- Title of the e-mail:
(Number of post)-(Family name of applicant)
- In case of multiple appliance, applicants should submit each post with each set of documents in separate e-mails.
The documents must arrive by 13:00 on Thursday, August 20th, 2020 (Japan Standard Time).
- The selection committee of NARO will perform its initial evaluation based on the documents in September.
- The second evaluation (oral interview including 15minutes presentation about your research) will be carried out in Tsukuba City from the middle of September.
* The above dates are the currently scheduled dates and are subject to changes. NARO will inform applicants of any change of schedules.
* In the 15-minute oral presentation, applicants can use his/her own PC. The detail about the interview will be informed after the first selection.
Questions regarding employment at NARO should be addressed to Department of Personnel Management, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO).
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org