The international peer review meeting aims to provide an independent assessment of the research programs of NARO based on the scientific quality, originality and direction from the view point of overseas reviewers, and to make an overall evaluation on the potential impact of the research results to the food and agriculture industry. The International Peer Review meeting for the FY 2013 with the research theme "Elucidation of functions of agricultural products and foods and development of a provision system of reliable food information" was organized and the research results are evaluated by three international researchers.They also visited the research facilities in NARO prior to the review and held discussions with the researchers.
Time and Date
August 28 (Thur), 2013
10:00am ~ 16:30 pm
Tsukuba Business-Academia Cooperation Support Center
Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council Secretariat of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
- Dr. John Milner, Center Director, Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, USDA, USA
- Dr. Frans J. Kok, Full Professor in Nutrition & Health and Head of the Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- Dr. Chin-Kun Wang, Professor, Chung Shan Medical University, Taiwan
The peer review is carried out by evaluating the scientific quality, originality and specific direction of the research project, and applicability of the research results to the food and agriculture industry. Each research project is evaluated with the following rating. S: high quality and no revision needed; A: good quality and minor revision needed, B: fair quality and moderate revision needed, C: fair quality and major revision needed, D: poor quality and a complete rewrite needed. Additionally, the peer reviewers provide rating, comments, suggestions and recommendations for each research project and the entire research program.
- RP310a: Development of standardized methods for analysis of functional components and for evaluation of the functionalities of agricultural products and foods
- RP 310b: Elucidation and effective utilization of metabolic regulatory functions of foods
- RP310c: Elucidation and effective utilization of food functionalities against homeostatic disturbances
- RP310d: Evaluation technologies for flavor, texture, and other sensory properties of foods