Information for Foreign Researchers

Living in Tsukuba

  • Information on daily life in Tsukuba Science City including transportation, health care, childcare and education, emergencies and consultations. Refer to the Guidebook for Foreign Residents.

Learning Japanese

  • The Tsukuba Office of the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council Secretariat offers Japanese language classes to foreign researchers. Please contact the
  • Information for the Japanese Class (PDF)

Accommodation & Housing options

Immigration requirements

  • Visa required for foreign researchers who would like to stay in Japan on a short and long term basis.
  • Re-entry permit required for foreign researchers

Postdoctoral Programs in Japan

Useful Links